Workshop: Navigating Artificial Intelligence
Navigating Artificial Intelligence workshop is the first in a series of AiLab’s hands-on workshops on AI, emerging technology and future jobs.
AiLab provide private workplace workshops that are run globally and can be tailored to your needs. To make a private workshop enquiry, please use the form at the bottom of the page or call us on +61 (0)8 8464 0787.
Navigating Artificial Intelligence Overview
Navigating Artificial Intelligence is an introduction, and the first in a series of AiLab workshops, exploring the exciting world of AI. During this workshop, Dr. John Flackett explores the field of AI and what has driven its explosion into the mainstream technology sector in recent years. Learn how AI tools and techniques are being used across a range of businesses and government services. John also busts some of the AI myths and explains how companies might start employing AI systems.
This 4 hour workshop is for groups of 5 or more (max number applies) and is suitable for beginners.
Drinks and snacks will also be provided. :-)
Navigating Artificial Intelligence Structure
- Introducing AiLab & workshop goals
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Exploring real-world AI examples
- Dispelling AI myths
- Bias, Ethics & Privacy
- Hands-On: Training an AI/Machine Learning (ML) system
- …break…before delving deeper…
- Are you ready for AI? (Data, Computation & Talent)
- What problems suit AI solutions?
- Risks and rewards of integrating AI
- Hands-On: How to start employing AI: Use Case & scope
- Summary and next steps
- Learn more with AiLab!
Navigating Artificial Intelligence Outcomes
A fundamental understanding of what Artificial Intelligence is and how businesses are employing AI tools and techniques. The insights gained in understanding the current trends in AI can be used to critically examine how (and to what extent) AI is being used and deployed. Other outcomes from the workshop include:
- Hands-on experience with training an AI system.
- Beginning to recognise if a problem(s) is suited to an AI solution.
- Insights into managing the unique aspects of an AI project (scope, data and talent).
Navigating Artificial Intelligence Resources
Upon completion of the workshop, you will be provided with online access to unique AiLab supporting resources. These resources will compliment the topics covered in the workshop.
Navigating Artificial Intelligence Requirements
AiLab workshops are fun and interactive learning environments. During this workshop we will get hands-on with machine learning examples which you can run yourself on your own internet connected device. However, all AI examples will be shown to the group via a projector and so the following list of items are all optional:
- An internet connected device (e.g., laptop)
- Your own notebook (pen & paper will be provided)
- Business cards (to share with other workshop participants).
Navigating Artificial Intelligence Facilitator: Dr. John Flackett
Dr. John Flackett is passionate about Artificial Intelligence and regularly presents at events and runs AI workshops around the world. With 20+ years of AI experience, John has worked in a wide range of industries and AI has been an integral part of John's career via research, business and education. John achieved a PhD in Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning & Natural Language Processing) in 2005 and was previously a senior academic for 10 years, lecturing in masters and undergraduate Artificial Intelligence and undergraduate Computer Studies and Software Engineering at a UK university. Please visit John's Bio and Media/Talks pages to find out more, including John's interviews and publications.
For full details on this workshop or to make a booking, please make an enquiry using the form below or call us on +61 (0)8 8464 0787.
Once you have completed Navigating Artificial Intelligence (see form below), your professional AI education can continute with the following AiLab workshops and courses:
- Navigating Artificial Intelligence [this page]: Beginner Workshop (first in series)
- Using AI in Business: Intermediate Workshop (second in series)
- Using AI Tools & Techniques: Advanced Workshop (thrid in series)
- AI, Automation & Future Jobs: Beginner Workshop
- Introduction to Chatbots: Intermediate Workshop
- Deep Learning for Programmers: Advanced Course
This workshop and its content is copyright to koolth pty ltd & AiLab © 2019 and may not be reproduced.
Navigating Artificial Intelligence Workshop Enquiry