Techtonic 2.0: Australia's National AI Summit 2021
Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources
Dr. John Flackett Panelist
Panel Title: Using AI to deliver for citizens
Techtonic 2.0 is Australia's National Artificial Intelligence Summit. It is an opportunity to engage with local and international AI experts and will highlight the current and future potential of this paradigm-shifting technology.
Hear from inspiring speakers as they explore the future potential of AI through range of talks, a session focusing on AI applications in manufacturing and four break-out streams. These include:
- Putting AI ethics principles into practice: Translating Australia’s AI ethics principles into practice and investigating the challenges that different organisations face in ensuring their ethical development and use of AI.
- The next wave of AI technologies: The future of AI and what we can expect from the technology in the next 5–10 years.
- How to AI-proof our workforce: The impact of AI on the workforce and our skills system and what we can learn from previous waves of industry transformation.
- Using AI to deliver for citizens: How all Australians can benefit from AI and how it can be used to deliver better outcomes for regional and marginalised Australians.
Panelists and speakers include: Dr. John Flackett (AiLab), Dr. Cathy Foley (Chief Scientist of Australia), Jeremy Howard (fast.ai), Dr. Sue Keay (Queensland AI Hub), Mark Caine (WEF), Belinda Dennet (Microsoft), Dr. Jon Whittle (Data61, CSIRO) and many more!
This event is organised by the Australian Government: Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources and will be taking place virtually on the 18th June 2021.
Australia's National AI Summit event will take place on Friday 18th June 2021 from 9.00am until 4.00pm (AEST) and will be streamed live online.
As a guest panelist, Dr. John Flackett will be speaking on the panel stream 'Using AI to deliver for citizens' at 2.15pm.
Further details can also be found on:
- Techtonic 2.0: Australia's National AI Summit platform website
- Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources website
- MARK PESCE (Moderator): Futurist, Author, Entrepreneur and Innovator
- DR. ANAND RAO: Partner, Pwc
- RACHEL HOWARD: Head of Impact Technology, Frontier Technology at Minderoo Foundation
- DR. JOHN FLACKETT: Co-founder AiLab and AI Specialist in Residence, AUT
Dr. John Flackett: Artificial Intelligence Speaker
Dr. John Flackett is a noted Artificial Intelligence international speaker. A leader in his field and passionate about AI, John presents key insights on AI and emerging technology’s future impact on society and the workforce at events and workshops around the globe. With over 25 years of AI experience, a PhD in Artificial Intelligence and contributions as an advisor in government, academia, industry and community, John is regularly called upon to share his perspectives via talks, media interviews, publications and roundtables. View John’s full profile on AiLab.
Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources drives economic growth and job creation for all Australians, and also enables productivity for globally competitive industries.
John presents at events and facilitates workshops across the world. If you would like him to speak at your next workshop, event, convention or conference, please drop us a line.
For more details on event please visit: Australian Government: Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources website