"Access Denied": How to Protect your Business in a Cyber Age
Is your business data safe? Do you know the risks and how to protect your digital assets? Can you identify and minimise risks to your business data and cyber security?
Presented by City of Adelaide, FIXE (Future Industries Exchange for Entrepreneurship), Office of South Australian Chief Entrepreneur and AustCyber, AiLab is proudly supporting "Access Denied": How to Protect your Business in a Cyber Age on the 3rd April 2019 from 2.45pm until 5.00pm.
Businesses are more at risk now than ever
Scarcely a day goes by without an IT security mishap or data breach of some kind hitting the news. The loss or theft of customers’ personal information can have disastrous consequences for your business' future.
It is critical that small businesses have cyber security measures in place. Data breaches can cost your business money, confidential information, and the trust of your customers.
Executive Director of ICT and Digital Government, Eva Balan-Vnuk, will guide a panel of experts to highlight case studies outlining the impacts that lost data can have on small business and how to continue to operate after an incident or crisis occurs.
Attendees will hear best practice principles of data security and management through continuity planning.
The following topic will be discussed:
Developing a data security plan
- Sources of data breaches (90% of breaches begin with a human error) *2017 Verizon Data Breach Report
- How Cyber Aware are your staff?
- How to protect your data
- Securing your website and protecting customer information
- Potential losses—credit card details, personal data, and login information.
This workshop is for small business owners who want to:
- Understand their vulnerabilities to data breach
- Be prepared against cyberattacks
- Walk away with an increased knowledge of online security.
The event will be held at Lot Fourteen, Frome Road, Adelaide, South Australia. Registrations will open at 2:45pm with the event concluding at 5:00pm.
Event Sponsors and Supporters
AiLab is proud to support this event along with:
- Government of South Australia: Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Lot Fourteen: Renewal South Australia
- Small Business Commisioner South Australia
- Adelaide Smart CIty Studio
- Airlock Digital
For more details on event please visit: Event on Eventbrite